[Spridgets] "Good" Spridget parts list

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 05:59:12 MDT 2010

On 6/16/2010 5:38 AM, Linda Grunthaner wrote:
> Yes Billy my 62 has a cable but catalogs lit the cable switch as the
> solenoid are you saying yours is electric and operated via a button?
>
> At this point I would take anything that works and works well. Where did you
> get the solenoid switch and would you have a picture of that?

Linda

We can put a later electric solenoid in Pinky and replace the ignition
switch with one from a MKIII.
Now you just turn the key to start it., no more cable.
We did this to the Holy Sprite and the LadyBug.
The MKII dash has the smaller ignition key switch and the MKIII switch
fits right in the same hole.
Let me know, I have the parts but I do not have a new electric solenoid,
I don't think I even have a good used one.
I used them all over the years.
And do NOT get a Lucas solenoid in a green box that was made in India.
Do NOT buy a Lucas key switch from India either, it's not even close.
I have a switch, we can use a Ford solenoid or maybe someone has an NOS
Lucas (orange or red box) they can part with.

Option #2, just get the original pull solenoid.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ