[Spridgets] Another British Engine

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 21:36:04 MDT 2010

--- On Tue, 6/15/10, Frank Clarici <spritenut at comcast.net> wrote:
> These are just some of my unbiased opinions.
> I am sure I will be "corrected" even if I think I am not
> wrong ;)

No, I think you hit the nail on the head (no carpenter pun intended). I spent 3000 miles in a 2008 328i on two long drives recently; phenomenal car, but not a sports car to me. I also spent a lot of time in a 2008 and a 2010 Corvette this weekend; again PHENOMENAL car in nearly every respect. It was so good at so many things that I might not call it a sports car (but it does win the "Car I would want to drive on my new 48 mile daily commute on an empty highway" award). Hard to explain, but there has to be a certain purity and sense of drama that adds to the reward of the experience. It also has to be something that a lot of people would not want to drive every day.

Ron