[Spridgets] A little brake help?

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Mon Jun 14 16:04:07 MDT 2010

If you have the 7/8 bore pushrods in a 3/4 master, they are too long.
I do not know the length of 3/4 rods vs 7/8 rods but they are at least
1/2" longer.
We had this exact problem on the Holy Sprite, a piece of foil from the
brake fluid jar ended up in the master and caused the brakes to lock up
every couple of days. It lodged itself over the return hole sometimes.
Talk about making me crazy!
Check the book but I think the pedal stops need to have 5/16" clearance.
You can test the brakes for lock up by pumping them a few times and
trying to roll the car. If they lock and you can relieve the pressure
with a crack of a bleed screw, adjust the push rod. Make it shorter.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ