[Spridgets] Another barn find... MGA

Richard Kleihorst richard at kleihorst.com
Mon Jun 7 05:49:43 MDT 2010

Hi,

I once had frozen pistons on a landrover. I basically took off the sump and
disconnected the conrods. Turn the crank a bit and with a piece of wood  tap
the pistons from above downwards. This will loosen them up and after cleaning
up the bores a bit you can push them
up to get them out. Afterwards I just honed the bores and placed back the
cylinders with new rings. The bores turned out to be in good condition
afteralI. did this outside on a saturday afternoon and the car has been
running well before I sold it to the scouting.
Take care though to not have any grit, sand, rust get into the crankshaft area
or oil lines.

Richard