[Spridgets] Robbins/Amco/EZ ON

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Thu Jun 3 10:13:34 MDT 2010

I have never "bought-in" to the belief of some that there were all sorts of variations to these cars. Could the paints vary, sure. But these weren't cottage built cars where they used certain Lucas parts one day and different ones the next, and they weren't hand-forming body panels, and so-on.

Specifically, as regards the current topic, I would agree that mounting holes for snaps and the chrome fixtures on the rear might have been off slightly depending upon where the pattern or jig to punch them was lined-up, but don't believe as Doug Robbins personally suggested to me that in the case of the chrome deck mounts might have varied as much as inches.

btw, factory soft-goods, i.e. period NOS tops and tonneaus were supplied with snaps fitted at the factory.

jay fishbein

wallingford, ct