[Spridgets] Spridgets 1961 Bugeye?

Colin Dodds colin at spriteparts.com.au
Sat Jul 31 16:12:50 MDT 2010

G'day guys

Nope, I don't think there's all in Oz.  Certainly yhe last one (50116) was
built in the UK.

The youngest car we know of is YHAN1/9/49936 which left the factory as a CKD
kit on 13 Jan 1961.  If it had been built in the UK, it would have received
car number AN5/49936.  That means they only built or sent out 180 cars in
total between 13 Jan and May.  The British Motor Industry Heritage Trust
doesn't record the actual date in May, just that it was in May that the last
Bugeye was built.

The first Mk II Sprite HAN6/101 also left the factory in May 1961.

Go to my web site, to Links, and download the Sprite Register.  It's all
there.

avagoodday
Colin
www.SpriteParts.com.au