[Spridgets] posting

rrengineer @dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Fri Jul 30 02:16:15 MDT 2010

You just did.  Welcome Larry.  Where are you located?  You have posted to
the best place to be for information, help and useless opinions on the care
and upkeep of your pride and joy.  We sometimes get off topic, but there are
a great bunch of people here as you will find out.  I'm sure I won't be the
first to mention it, but there is no such thing as a 1961 Bugeye.  Bugeyes
were manufactured from 1958 to 1960.  Your car was most likely made in 1960
and first sold in your home state in 1961.  to some state registration
records, that makes it a 1961.  If you post the chassis number, someone here
will tell you exactly when it was on the assembly line.  For instance, my
1960 Bugeye has a chassis number of AN5-L/34172.  According to my British
Motor Industry Heritage Trust Ceritficate (you DO have one of these, don't
you?) it was on the assembly line from 26 Feb - 2 March 1960 and
"despatched" 7 March 1960 to Los Angeles, USA, making it a 1960 Bugeye.

Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

P.S. You will probably be asked your opinion on beer, cats, Frank Zappa and
a myriad of other subjects in the near future.  You'll see what I mean.