[Spridgets] S.I.A.T.A

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 08:35:50 MDT 2010

There are a few out there. There were several at Road America last weekend,
mostly driven up to the track. One was, I believe, one of Colin Comer's cars,
and it looked unrestored. I had a friend of a friend who recently sold his
208S to a museum; he'd owned it since new and raced it until he was in his
80s. I have a picture somewhere from Pittsburgh Vintage GP....

Ron

--- On

<bkitterer at me.com>
<Spridgets at autox.team.net>
> Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 10:24 PM
> There
was a foreign car dealer near
> where I went to high school and I would stop
in almost every
> school day on my way home.  One day in 1953 or 1954
> there
was an aggressive looking white car on the show room
> floor.  So in I went to
see a marque that I had never
> seen - SIATA.  The manger whom I had gotten to
know
> quite well told me it was a SIATA Spider and the little V8
> delivered
150 hp at the rear wheels ! !
> !   Not bad for 1953 from a two liter
> V8.  I
have only seen one other one, or perhaps it was
> the same one, some months
later going down a street being
> driven by a little white haired lady who's
head was barley
> above the door.
>
> For quite a few years now I have been
trying to find
> information on these cars but none of the searches came up

with the correct car.  I was almost to the point of
> wondering how bad my
memory ha become when in an ad in a
> recent Autoweek there was the car in
red, a 1953 SIATA

sale at www.canepa.com  Go to collectable cars on their
> site, third row
down, second car in.  Click on the
> photo for lots more pictures of the car.
A great
> looking and performing car.
>
> Bob Kitterer
>
> 1960 Austin
Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
> 1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk
III (Trevor) - still in boxes

http://www.team.net/donate.html
http://www.team.net/archive