[Spridgets] Chinese Manufacturers

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 19:01:17 MDT 2010

Billy is correct, the Yamaha I have is an FG-160-1BK Special Edition
(Black) and was made in Taiwan.  It has a cheesy built in pickup.  The
pickup works, but sounds terrible.  I dunno if it was original or not.

I also had a 80s Japanese Ibanez Road Star II strat copy that I bought
cheap in the 80s(around $100 used with hard case) and made a new pick
guard for and installed some EMG active pickups that I got cheap.  I
had a Maple neck, which I prefer, and plays pretty well.  I hadn't
played it in a while and was going to trade it recently.  My son
freaked out and said he wanted it bad.  I asked why he never played it
and he said he thought it was too nice and he didn't want to risk
damaging it.  I told him it wasn't expensive or sentimental and if
would play it he could keep it.