[Spridgets] hows this for quality workmanship....

ryan.kubanoff at comcast.net ryan.kubanoff at comcast.net
Fri Jul 16 11:21:01 MDT 2010

So i am driving around today in the midget when all of a sudden i hear an odd clank and the car starts to run rough. I pull into a parking space and pop the hood. the outer coverplate for my K&N filters is sitting wedged between the exhaust and the frame of the car. I first thought that I just didn't tighten it when last i checked the carbs but i looked again and the 4 spot welds that hold the assembly to the back plate(the portion that mounts directly to the carbs) is no longer attached to the back plate. Its less than 2 years old!

So know do i fix this? do I try JB weld, find someone who can tack weld whatever cheap metal this is made from, or return it to K&N?
I taped back on with scotch tape to get home.
Ryan