[Spridgets] xxxxxx----Spridgets] AC

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Sun Jul 11 16:51:05 MDT 2010

>H U H ??????  WTF do you have swirling around in yer brain, Michael ?!?!?  Ed

It is 90+ degrees in NY and my feet get hot.  I expect to have a similar problem when I take my BE to Honolulu, even though it never gets that hot, even in the desert.

If there were cold air instead of hot air coming out of the heater, my feet wouldn't get so hot.  If there were cold fluid instead of hot fluid in the heater box, the fan would blow cold air.  All of the rest of an AC system can be remote.

At least some modern small cars have small electrical rather than engine-driven pumps.  I looked at one on new Mini this week.  It's electric compressor was about 4"x6".  I couldn't see the rest of the gadgetry, but much is a special console in the car that would not work well in a Spridget.

It probably makes more sense to put louvers in the sides of the bonnet and run air in through the side panel.  Repairing my quarterlight so it will reverse and blow on my chest made a huge difference.

Michael Rowe
'74 Bugeyed Midget
'60 Sprite kit
Long Island, NY