[Spridgets] Speedwell Clip....

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 20:37:10 MDT 2010

The seller of the bonnet is Dave Jahimiak, aka Dr. J., he of the fastest Sprite in the country. White Trash can play with enough to make him notice us (I'm starting to consider my second place finishes as landslide victories), but I am giving away 45 horsepower and 160 pounds of dry weight to him(!!) per our discussion this AM. He also has some unconventional suspension setups and was running 225/45 tires on the car with bizarro custom offset on some $600 Compomotive wheels whereas us mere mortals are getting by with 185/60s.

Anyway, Dave is getting ready for the Kohler Classic (AKA the Brian Redman, AKA, Chicago Historics). At Road America races what is sort of a Devin SS, currently for sale for an optimistic $1.25M:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=260570150855

The front suspension is part Big Healey, and he discovered 1 degree of negative camber on one side and 5 degrees on the other. He's not entirely sure what the issue is, so he's smartly re-baselining everything. His Devin flies; a failure up front would be very, very bad. He was looking for some parts and it turned into some bench racing. It was fun - I like Dave very much, actually. Just would love to race him on an even playing field.

Ron