[Spridgets] brake light switch

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Jul 7 15:38:44 MDT 2010

On 7/7/2010 12:08 PM, Greg Higgins wrote:
> Does anyone have a working brake light switch they would like to sell for a 63
> sprite? The one I have packed it in after 47 years, they don't make things
> like they use to LOL..... Is there a good after market brake light switch out
> there that will last longer then 2 weeks, thank for any info.

Any 3/8 thread 2 terminal pressure switch will work but if you are using
silicon fluid, put in a mechanical switch on the pedal box.
I used a cheap radio shack switch (pack of 3 for a couple bucks so I can
change them when they fail)  I think I put it in where the pedal stop
bolt goes and used an axle nut (tap it on with a hammer) to hold it in.
Run a sub harness under the heater box to your existing pressure switch.
I even tried the silicon specific pressure switches, they lasted about a
month.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ