[Spridgets] NO LBC - Denon AVR1910 questions

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 16:15:48 MST 2010

--- On Sat, 1/30/10, WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com <WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com>
wrote:
> told I can run an HDMI from the blu-ray to the AVR1910 and
> then
from the
> AVR1910 to the TV.  Anyone done that?

Sure. I'm not exactly
sure what the Denon has for video passthough, but it almost certainly
upconverts to 1080p. Buy the cheapest HDMI 1.3 cable you can.

> My existing
speakers are very good but old.  Can I put
> any old cheap
> speakers on to
the surround outputs to get surround sound
> (4 speakers) or will

Pretty
much. I'm a planar speaker junkie and went the other route and have Magnepans
(www.magnepan.com) for surrounds as well as front, and especially for the side
surrounds there is very little information that goes through them. I have a
dedicated "theater" room and it's nice to have a top-shelf solution for only a
few hundred bucks extra, but not necessary.

> Final question, any reason to
buy the cheaper AVR1610 or
> more expensive
> AVR2300 from Denon?

If you
run something with a demanding load (see above Magnepans) you want a big
honking power supply. Chances are that's what the more expensive one would
give you, but you probably don't need it.

Ron