[Spridgets] Front end parts

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 14 22:43:10 MST 2010

I'll tell you what, I got a rear wheel brake cylinder from Moss just a little while ago.

Guess who made it?   Delphi.  Parts division of GM that was spun off.
Why they were making Spridget parts is beyond me.  But it may explain
why they were going bankrupt.

But your right.  It already in China....
If you look at Delphi on Wikipedia and scroll down to Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_(auto_parts)

"Sale of global suspension and brakes business to BeijingWest announced March 31, 2009"

More here...
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2009-04/02/content_7641983.htm

They got all the key stuff (machinery, intellectual property) for 100 million.  That's a hell of a bargain.

What does it mean when we the tax payers bought GM and the key parts supplier of GM is bought up by a Chinese company?

I think it means we've been Shanghai'd