[Spridgets] fuel line mystery

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Jan 9 20:34:19 MST 2010

Sales at " Just Brits " wrote:

> NEVER, I repeat NEVER get even close to being
> UNDER any car without at least *A* jack stand !!!! NEVER 'trust' JUST
> a jack !!!
>
> The life you ruin could be your own !!!  NOT good.

Listen to Ed for a change. This is not only good advice, it is the ONLY
choice you should make.
I have faithfully used at least 1 jack stand when ever a car is jacked
up if I intend to go under it ever since a 66 Sprite fell on me many
years ago.
My neighbor 2 doors down heard the thud and my moan and promptly ran
over to help.
Although a Sprite will not hurt that much when it falls on you
(depending on your belly size) Use a jack stand because the diff and the
concrete may be in the way of your head.
Also Never EVER use an incandescent light bulb when working on any fuel
system.
Today a battery powered LED drop light or a fluorescent hand held lamp
or even a flashlight will work and the bulb has no chance of breaking on
the floor where the gas fumes are.