[Spridgets] fuel line mystery

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 09:37:59 MST 2010

List,
I looked under my 62 Sprite to locate the problem fuel line and cannot find
any rubber hose near the tank. As some of you recall I had a fuel problem in
the fall where I had to put a soda bottle with fuel to my carbs to get Pinky
home from a short drive. Some Lister's thought there was a cracked rubber
fuel line sucking air near my tank but after crawling under with a mirror I
see a hard steel line coming from the bottom of the fuel tank and that
appears to stretch all the way to under the hood where I have replaced all
the rubber fuel hoses.

Before I pull the line and blow air (my other LBC had crap in the line that
came out like a black snake with using compressed air) is there some curve I
missed in the chassis which has an additional rubber section of hose? Or
perhaps there is a gasket near the tank that is cracked allowing air to be
sucked in? I looked through 4 Sprite books and 2 parts catalogs and did not
find good enough info tracing the tank to the carbs in it's entirety. It is
too cold to pull the lines out today but I hear it is going up to the 40's
the end of next week although if I need parts then I should order them
today.

I was hoping to just pull a rubber hose out & replace it today but with all
projects it is 10 times prep equals the job done.
Thanks,
Linda