[Spridgets] Tranny Question - No LBC

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 6 07:48:53 MST 2010

I passed this on to a vintage racer who owns a transmission shop.  Here is
his reply:

"Have you looked at the fluid as of late? The flush machines have turned
into money makers for oil change places, etc. If you have less than 75,000
miles you can do a fluid exchange if you feel like changing the fluid. If
over that many miles I like to pull the pan to inspect the condition of the
trans and change the filter. Once a week someone will call in a panic
because the oil change place said a flush was needed right away. They say
the fluid is burned and it looks like new. If your fluid looks nice and red
don't worry about it."

IOW, it seems the oil change places have found a new way to dive into your
wallet.  It sounds like the industry is trying to make a living off of
scamming people on unnecessary fluid flushes.  My own opinion is that, if I
was concerned about the trans, I would take it to a trans shop and not let
the monkeys at the oil change place touch it.

LAD