[Spridgets] paging Peter C

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Tue Jan 5 07:41:44 MST 2010

Peter,
I'm going to be buying another of your most favorite cars: A VW Passat.  I
know the Passats have had some, ahhh....."issues".  Due to my doubts about
this so-called economic recovery having the legs to sustain itself, I've
decided not to buy a new one.  I'll probably look for an 02 through 06 model
(or wherever the cut-off from 1.8T to 2.0T lies), non-AWD, 1.8T automatic.
I'd really rather get a series 4 Jetta w/2.0, non-turbo, gas engine but my
wife is really upset about the "death" of her beloved '99 Passat, yesterday.
What can I say?  I'm putty in her hands ;)
If someone were to hold a gun to your head and tell you that you MUST buy a
Passat or have your brains blown out, which model would you choose (and you're
not allowed to pick .357 Magnum)?
Thanks, Peter.
Bud Osbourne