[Spridgets] Zicam (NO LBC)

Edmund Conen conen at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 4 16:48:12 MST 2010

  I've been using the Zicam nasal gel for a few years and am very happy with it -when used as directed-.  It does seem to work, for me.

  If you get it too far up your nose, or 'snort' or 'sniff' hard while it is still in place (you're supposed to leave it in for 15-30 seconds then blow it out) you -will- feel a burning sensation in the sinuses, but I never had a problem with loss of smell or taste and the burning subsided fairly quickly.

  I will gladly use the nasal gel again if it's available.

  With that said, this winter I could not find the gel and bought the "Oral Mist".  That stuff I really hated!  Tasted terrible and after using it a few days everything tasted bad or had no taste; BUT, it was temporary and taste and smell were back to normal a few days after I quit using the Zicam "Oral Mist".

  I would gladly use the nasal gel again, but not the oral mist.

Ed in NC