[Spridgets] Master-slave cylinder

Joe Lansing kidjoevid at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 1 10:56:29 MST 2010

Can somebody answer my question about master-slave cylinders without laughing too loudly?

I have a 62 with a 3/4 bore master cylinder. I put a Rivergate conversion in with a 3/4 bore slave cylinder. I'm only getting about 1/2" to 3/4" of travel in the slave. Do I need to bore my master clutch cyl to 7/8"?

On the brakes side, I seem to have things right - I converted to disks up front, and have them bled and operating - but I haven't taken it out on the road. And the master is still 3/4".

Any insights?

Thanks,

Joe