[Spridgets] Nice 59 on ebay, question on filter

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 10:06:26 MST 2010

The cold snap is gone, and it will be 60* today. My wife and I are heading
up to River Legacy Park in Ft. Worth to get the Masi and Fuji out for a
ride. We did the Sweetheart Ride in Dallas on the 14th, and the wind coming
down the cross streets in downtown Dallas about knocked my lightweight
carbon fibre bike right over.
I'm gonna get the Sprite out this weekend, and see if I can limber up the
top enough to put it up for the cold snap coming in this next week.

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner at gmail.com>wrote:

> I like this eBay 59 Sprite 250587845933 and looking at his rotisserie of
> the
> chassis I see his fuel filter location under the rear wheel well arch which
> I think I want to do also.
>
> My question is how do I locate that filter where it won't rub while
> driving?
> Do I install when the rear axle it is low or jacked up to insure proper
> location? If it is to be low that will be difficult to do unless I prop the
> rear axle on a jack stand (my Sprite is on 4 stands via the chassis) and
> what clearance should I have on the filter itself? Anyone do this and have
> picture or should I just keep the filter under the hood? Also I'm going to
> cut the line under the arch and put a small section of rubber fuel hose as
> my union will the hose stay on without a barb or flair on the steel line
> I'm
> assuming there is not much pressure back there and what is the proper
> distance for just the hose to prevent rubbing during suspension movement? I
> just don't want this rubbing and I  still need to clean this fuel line with
> air.
>
> Lots of snow but I am confident it will warm up soon ; )
> Lin
>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250587845933&fromMakeTrack=true

> Suggested annual donation $12.75
>
> You are subscribed as tequila.brad at gmail.com