[Spridgets] Car Hauler Trailer Tires

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 14:15:34 MST 2010

Greg Higgins wrote:
> You will be be very disappointed if the Goodyear Marathon tires are
> made in China, they are junk. You go to buy new Goodyear tires, you
> assume they are made in the U.S.A. well maybe not. I bought a new 5th
> wheel trailer that came with Goodyear Marathon tires, all 4 tires were
> shot after 5000 miles. I caught mine before any of the tires blew, so
> not damage to my trailer. There is a large thread and horror stories
> relating to Goodyear Marathon tires on trailers on Rv.net. If I buy
> tires now, I ask where are they made, I won't buy anything any tires
> made off shore.
Tires, brakes, front end parts. NOBODY should even consider these parts
if they are made in china, unless maybe you drive a Hummer ;)
I need ball joints and stuff for my truck, the parts guy hands me crap
from china.
I told him it was a FORD and I will not put cheap made chinese parts on
it and handed them right back.
I told him, like I tell most sales clerks, I will take this item if it
is made in the USA.
So I usually walk out empty handed and tell the clerk to tell his boss
that he lost a sale because the crap was chinese.
I don't think it's working but I really do try to do my part.
After all, the job I save may be his kids!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ