[Spridgets] New Mini Pricing

Larry Macy lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Wed Feb 17 20:08:55 MST 2010

Dean,

This is very similar to my experience. I bought a 2009 Clubman S in Dec of
2008. I designed it off the MINI web site and had the dealer deliver 2 days
before my birthday ;-)

I paid the full price of how I configured it, but I also got mats thrown in,
but in my case I got free  rubber mats (and right now I am glad I have them,
the drivers side is white from salt). I just went through my first service
(18,000 miles) and it cost me ~$50 for rotation and balance. That includes new
wiper blades all around, topping off all fluids, replacing a tire that had a
screw in it. (careful, they are all run-flats these days) I am also getting
the front drivers seat leather skin replaced by warranty, as it is showing
excessive wear on the outside bolster. Mine also has mud flaps and the broad
stripe on the bonnet and down the back, instead of the diagonals on all the
regular MINI's. But they were there when I got the car.

I drove it to Colorado from PA in June and in about 5000 miles round trip I
got about 34 MPG avg with a high of 39 and a low of ~29 (in the Rockies with
my foot in the engine compartment, much to Theresa's chagrin). Most all
interstate travel was at ~80. Comfy ride, but the best is in the PA mountain
twisties, or on the on ramps ;-) But that is when Theresa is NOT in the car
;-)

Have a blast!! You'll love it.

Larry
PS there is a MINI iPhone app for that ;-)

On Feb 17, 2010, at 6:30 PM, chris_west wrote:

> Dean Swanson asked:
> Have any of you who have recently purchase a new MINI know if the MINI
> dealers sell at list, above list or below list?
>
> Dean - here is my experience.  I ordered new Cooper S mid July of last
> year.  Took the expected 6 weeks to arrive.  I paid full list (as per
> "Build your own Mini" on website) , but when I arrived to take delivery
> they had forgotten to install the 2 "dealer installed" options (mud flaps
> and wide double hood / deck stripes.)  So they threw in a set of $60.00
> floor mats (very nice ones BTW) picked up the car at my workplace 2 days
> later, leaving me a loaner, and returned my car the same day with the
> forgotten items installed.  You may think "no big deal" but I live in
> Lansing, MI and the dealer is in Grand Rapids, 60+ miles away from my
> workplace.
>
> But the real deal was the financing.  They offer what they call "Mini
> Select" which is a term of low payments of up to 3 years followed by a
> balloon for the balance.  This may seem like "no big deal" BUT if you
> finance through BMWNA you are "locked in" to whatever finance rate you
> can negotiate, even for the balloon.  In my case they were offering a
> promo rate of 1.9% APR for 3 years, so I will be able to refinance the
> balloon in 3 years at 1.9% for another 36 months.  So at worst (if I
> don't pay off some of the balloon when it comes due) I got a 72 month
> loan at 1.9%!  That's 3 points lower than my best quote from my credit
> union.
>
> The car is an absolute blast to drive, with handling far exceeding my
> abilities as a driver.  Acceleration is more than "adequate", and it puts
> an instant smile on my face every time I drive it.
>
> Chris - AN5L35xxx
> Small Business Tools
> Compete with the big boys.  Click here to find products to benefit your
business.

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=9408UeyDD6hzkojJROMRiAAAJ1BXoFC
g_GoYpsOBXA-_r2I8AAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMQAAAAA=

> Suggested annual donation $12.75
>
> You are subscribed as lmacy at phillymgclub.com
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Secretary
Philadelphia MG Club

Ask a question and you're a fool for three minutes; do not ask a question and
you're a fool for the rest of your life.