[Spridgets] cam ID?

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Tue Feb 16 15:38:42 MST 2010

Leo- Measuring lift of the cam is best done with a pair of V-Blocks and a dial
indicator set up on a metal bench. Put the front and rear journals of the cam
on the V-blocks and stick the dial indicator down to the metal bench with the
magnetic base (did I fail to mention that?). You can now place the dial
indicator over a selected lobe and set it to Zero on the base circle of the
cam. rotate the cam until you get the dial indicator to its maximum reading,
and that is your cam lift. If you hang the front of the cam over the edge of
the bench, you can also put a degree wheel on it and get the duration.

The cam with two rings around it is ID'd in Vizard's book (at home). I can get
that # to you tomorrow if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12779
HAN5L8016

Can anyone ID this cam by the numbers on the end of the cam by the gears?

CAM #1 : 8F
CAM #2 : 4E9
CAM #3: 4J9

Cam 1, is different from the other 2 as it has 2 circles around the shaft the
other 2 do not have.

How can i measure the cam for the lift and duration?