[Spridgets] favorite tools iin shop

Sales at " Just Brits " sales at justbrits.com
Sun Feb 14 17:14:22 MST 2010

<< Craftsman bench grinder with wire brush on one end and
medium grinding wheel on the other end.  USA >>

Ditto except for the USA part.

TOTALLY AMAZING enough, about 23 or 25 YEARS
ago I bought a 1/4hp, 3450rpm, 6" Taiwan made unit
from Builders Square [how many remember THAT
name/chain <G> ??].  $40.00 because it was all I could
afford at the time and I "thought" I was only gonna
"need" it long enough to finish doing the "beginning" &
engine parts work on my "brand new" Big Healey <G> !!

I will wager I have been thru several HUNDRED
dollars worth of wire brushes and STILL the damned
thing will NOT 'break' !!!!

It has survived one old place to new place move and
been where it's mounted right now for 20+ years and
it still won't 'break' !!!!  And I have sort-of 'wanted'
a new one for a long time but I also belong to the
"We Tight Club" and cannot justify buying new when I
have a perfectly great and working unit <sigh> !!!

BTW it is only mounted with two [2] 1/4" lag screws
which have NEVER required re-tightening !?!?!?

Bet I couldn't get a "new" $40 unit and have it LAST
like this one !!!!!