[Spridgets] favorite tools iin shop

Phil Nase nases at verizon.net
Sun Feb 14 06:26:22 MST 2010

On Feb 13, 2010, at 10:13 PM, Leo S wrote:

>    While working on the project BE today I got to thinking (yea I know...
> that was dangerous) about what tools have become virtually indespensable to
> me.  First and foremost is my compressor and bead blast cabinet.  Without it
> would quit working on old cars.  I bought it almost 20 years ago used
(Quincy
> 325 capable of 23 cfm @ 130 psi and an Econo-line floor standing bead
blasting
> cabinet) and have never touched the compressor head till this week when I
> replaced an unloader gasket.  TOTALLY USA made back when companies made
tools
> to last a lifetime.  So what are others favorite tools...like tools you
> couldnt do without and who made them?
>
> Leo

I'm with  you Leo,  I don't know how I could have restored the red bugeye
without the compressor and blast cabinet.  Both non-USA made.  The compressor
is holding up well, the blast cabinet is a PIA.  If I ever do another project
I need to replace the cabinet.  I could live without my lift but the blast
cabinet gets used a lot.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/