[Spridgets] What Pressure Plate?

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Thu Feb 11 10:04:28 MST 2010

I am making progress on identifying my pressure plate.  Daniel Stapleton p.
74-75 shows a 7.5" plate from AP Racing that looks right (CP2257).  Also, he
says it will not fit a stock flywheel, which is my case.  When I bought the
5-speed transmission it came with, he said it had "a racing clutch."   So
now I think I am on the right track.

Now there is a new question.  This plate requires a bigger disc and
redrilling of the alloy flywheel.  I really don't expect to need or want a
racing clutch for driving around town impressing PYTs (and one special POT).
And I have a stock clutch that I can use without modification other than
removing the release plate for roller bearings, as instructed.

Is there any advantage for me in keeping this clutch?  If not, does anyone
want to buy it at a good price?

Michael Rowe
Fussing with 5-speed