[Spridgets] is your daughter a hoon?

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 5 19:13:06 MST 2010

In all fairness, a 911 is not the easiest car to drive fast for those who
are -- not exactly the best drivers around.  They have a weight distribution
of about 40/60.  As anybody who understands vehicle dynamics knows, having
the majority of the weight in the rear does not make for good straight line
stability.

I owned a 911 for 5 years and will attest to the fact that you had better
know what you are doing if you want to drive it really fast.  They can, and
will, bite you.  A lot of 911s bit the dust in a rear end first collision.

On the other hand, if you drive them wisely and with a fair amount of skill,
they are a gas.  Mine was one of the most fun cars I ever had.  But you
really need to pay attention when you drive them hard.

LAD