[Spridgets] Jay Leno challenge

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Thu Feb 4 07:07:49 MST 2010

At 05:20 PM 2/2/2010, Deikis, John G wrote:
>Leno remakes Rendezvous in LA!

Jay Leno suggests that every city has a "track" consisting of city streets.

I've been thinking about that and am toying with the idea of making a
Rendezvous / Leno "around town" type video. I live in a town bounded
on the North and East by an expressway. To the South, Dow Chemical
and to the East a river so I guess my track will be inside these
boundaries. I've tentatively selected some business arteries as I
want to stay out of subdivisions and off the X-way (and the river).
And, Dow will impound your camera and take you to court if you make
pics to close to their fence.

I've been thinking about cameras and camera mounts for the Sprite,
wind noise reduction, camera shake reduction, etc. - all with the "we
tight" philosophy. I want to see the wire wheels and other dramatic
shots and not the driver! Looks like the route might be 10 miles long.

Anyone else crazy enough to do this too? (I didn't think so)

3 months and 8 days 'til the road insurance goes back on the Sprite.

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/