[Spridgets] Engine stand

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Tue Feb 2 11:28:39 MST 2010

On line, there are pictures of various welded up adaptors to attach a Spridget engine to a stand by the alternator bolt holes on the side, so the ends are free.  I just figured out that I can do this with spacers.  I got two 1/2" longer bolts and nuts one size larger for spacers between the stand plate and the attachment arms.  Your bolts may be long enough as is.  This makes room for the heads of the bolts from the arms to the engine, and it centers properly with some fiddling.  Pictures on request.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite kit
Long Island, NY