[Spridgets] EZ-On tops.

Bob Kitterer bkitterer at me.com
Mon Feb 1 23:10:29 MST 2010

Hi Mike - and list,

Robbins has made premium tops for years.  BUT I am sorry to say when I did my car in 1997 they made three tops for my car as well as a tonneau cover none of which fit.  And this was after taking the car to the plant where they made measurements prior to building tops number two and three.  Robbins tops, I think, are the best looking tops around however it seemed to me that they were really doing tops for show / concours cars where you set the tops out in the sun for an hour or so and then used some muscle to get it installed.  Once installed it was flawless.  Not much use on a cold rainy day.  I ended up going to a local upholstery shop and having a top and tonneau made.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage
2000 Miata Special Edition - in storage