[Spridgets] EZ-On tops.

rrengineer @dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Mon Feb 1 15:44:17 MST 2010

I should tell you guys before I thank you for the information that I have a
nice almost new top I bought from Little British Car Company.  Supposedly,
they imported it from England.  It has never fit correctly.  The fold out
top bow on my top bow frame does not match the sewn peaks on the top.  It
actually extends beyond this point and makes the top loose at the very top.
I had temporarily fixed this by folding the top bow back a little and
putting a wood block between the slats at the side of the frame and held it
in place with wire gathering ties.  This works O.K., but you can only take
the top off at home because you can't store the top bows in the car unless
you cutoff the wire ties and remove the block of wood.  Jeff Zorn at LBCarCo
could not be very helpful because I really waited too long to complain.  If
I had told him right away maybe he would have refunded my money, but I don't
expect him to do anything this late in the game.  I just got my profit
sharing check from the railroad and small as it is this year (bad economy)
there is enough to rectify this problem, but I am just a little worried I
will have the same problem again.  Last year I polled the list to find out
if my top bows were dimensionally correct and they seemed to fall within an
average measurement range with everyone else's bows, so maybe a new top will
be all I need, just not from the British exporter LBCarCo uses.
Mike