[Spridgets] Rear scroll seal on a 948

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 23:51:54 MST 2010

Leo,

Frank is right and Jack Laird came up with a neat trick to help minimize
leakage.  Email him for info, but basically he used very fine emery paper on
a glass plate to smooth off a smidgen on the bottom edges of the eyebrow and
then clamped it tightly into position above the rear main bearing cap before
tightening. Paul A. also has a system using JB Weld.  I have the paperwork
on that if you are interested...

Cheers!!
Jim