[Spridgets] LBC's in HI

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Thu Dec 30 09:40:56 MST 2010

I just returned from two weeks visiting family on O`ahu and Kaua`i.  In all
that time I saw only two LBCs, one tired TR7 that was parked in so was
probably not driving and one RB Midget that looked pristine.  I was
surprised, as the dry places in HI are perfect for LBCs; the weather is
ideal and 50 mph is the normal highway driving speed.

I did learn that HI is Grunthaner heaven, however.  There are VW buses
everywhere -  daily drivers on the road, not show cars.  I saw 5-8 every
day.

Michael Rowe