[Spridgets] Sprite Top Parts

Jim Seippel aseippel at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 24 17:06:22 MST 2010

This is not my first time to this rodeo. My first trip in a Sprite was in
1964 and I drive from Winston-Salem, NC to Washington, DC. I bought the car
on Monday with the engine and transmission completely apart. I made the trip
on Friday evening the same week. The car had no heater, no side curtains,
and the temperature was 20F. A Bugeye was my only car for the next 2 years.
My personal experience is that a top and side curtains make all the
difference.

I plan to pick the car up and drive it non-stop back to Texas. If anything
gives me problems, I can always fix it on the road (won't be the first
time). However, I plan on having a top before I make the trip. :-) I will
certainly carry a warm coat too.

Jim