[Spridgets] Robbins tops and such

Charley Braum cbaustin at verizon.net
Thu Dec 23 12:07:16 MST 2010

    Since there are a few current 'threads' about the subject, I will recount
my, fairly recent, experience.

    Again, in my experience, Robbins' tops and tonneaus are actually 'built'
at a job shop (or other job shops) and then shipped direct to the purchaser.
The directions included can be confusing, and might be incomplete.
Communicating (e-mail and telephone) with Robbins is much less than
satisfactory and with the job shop, impossible.

    Bottom line, Robbins customers are strongly urged (by Robbins) to have any
Robbins product installed by a "professional, certified Robbins" shop. Any
(ANY) problems are, and will be, the fault of the customer if attempts are
made to install the items yourselves.

    The tops and/or tonneaus shipped may, or may not, be the correct one for
your car. They may be assembled incorrectly;  if so, that will also be 'your
fault'.

    Ultimately, the 'certified professional' I used said that Robbins products
and service have degraded quite a bit in the past few years.

    I have installed non-Robbins tops and tonneaus in the past with nothing
more than the usual inconveniences.

    Grain of salt, fire suit on, etc, etc.

                                                                        CB