[Spridgets] Christmas Tree . . What Religion?

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 20:04:19 MST 2010

> Jeremiah 10:1-5.
>
> "For the customs of the peoples are worthless; they cut a tree out of the
> forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel. They adorn it with silver
> and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so it will not totter." (NIV)

Nothing like taking scripture out of context... You shoulda bin a
preacher, Kirk ;-)
The passage in question is dealing with carving idols out of the tree,
NOT with decorating Christmas trees. Even the Non-Inspired Version
will convey that if you let it finish. I don't see many people
worshiping their Christmas trees either.
David L