[Spridgets] No LBC School won't allow Christmas in my classroom, how to get around that.

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 18:07:55 MST 2010

I have never heard one single person say that Christmas should be
taken away.  All I have heard so far is Christians complaining that X
store or Y business isn't being "Christian" enough so they want
everyone else to boycott it.  Well, damn it, this is America, so every
store has the right to advertise and promote their business any way
they want to.  If you don't like it, you are free to take your
business anywhere you want.  But I can't see how this store's policy
is hurting you, or any other Christian.  If they don't want to
celebrate it, they don't have to.  AND THAT IS IN THE CONSTITUTION.
Freedom of religion is also freedom from religion.

And to your other point, I know several businesses in the area that
are not run by Christians and WILL be open on Christmas.  National
holiday or not, each business has the right to choose to observe the
holiday or ignore it.  And not everyone is in it for a day off, some
people are just trying to stay in business and make a buck, and there
is NOTHING more American than that.

But why are all the Christians so worked up about this season?  Why
not Passover?  Why not Easter?  These holidays are just as important
to our faith, you I don't know of a single christian who celebrates
passover at all.