[Spridgets] Starter Problem Question on Replacement

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:33:21 MST 2010

List,

After jumping the solenoid and hearing the washer plunge to the top the only
thing left is to replace a starter that I thought would never go out this
early.  I had installed a Japanese gear redux starter about 5 and a half
years ago.

Rather than ordering a new starter as I did before and dealing with the wait
time, I understand that there is an Izusu starter that will bolt in as a
direct replacement that I might be able to buy right away from the auto
parts store?

If so, can someone share with me the details, ie. which starter I am looking
for.  . year and model and if there are any mods that I will need to do?

Thank you so much . . all of you for the help you always give to me
regarding my 59 Bugeye, it is very much appreciated.  The people on this
list are the best.

Any advice will be very appreciated!

Kirk
 59 1275