[Spridgets] No LBC ....used watch makers lathe wanted for my students.

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 21:41:54 MST 2010

I have a 9X30, similar to the big dog, but modified with DC variable
speed control.
My friend Bob Bertrand sells the 9X30s and some other stuff here.
The 7X14 (or 7X10 or 7X12) can be very useful machines.  I had several
before moving up to Atlas 6X18, then Atlas 12X36, then to the current
9X30.
A good friend has a South Bend 13X60 (or so) and a Bridgeport mill.
The Sieg types (7Xs) are decent for the money and have decent
aftermarket support.
The TAIG would do better on smaller things, and is way more portable, though.
If I were you I would talk with Patrick Elliott, and to Nick Carter
and see how you feel after discussing your needs with them.