[Spridgets] Title VIN Mess

Shop at " Just Brits " shop at justbrits.com
Mon Aug 30 23:33:50 MDT 2010

<< That is what I did, I bought a blank VIN tag took it to my local jewelry
store and for $10.00 they engraved the VIN numbers. >>

Several years ago I took a trip back south to a town I had lived
in for a number of years to see some buddies AND some LBC
buddies topped by a large Central Ill. LBC show on Sunday !!!
One of my pals had a Leaf Green Frogeye which was about 85% - 90%
restored and was BEAUTIFUL !!   The Sunday Show was the Frogeye's very
1st outing and the Owner had done EXACTLY what
you did, Greg [except jeweler didn't charge him<G> = LONG story].

At the show, lo & behold an OLD State Police cop who had been
a pal [still is] showed up and after 'greets' & a couple brews
walked around with me looking at cars & BS'ing <VBG> !!!  When
we got to the Frogeye and after about 3 or 4 mts. he asked if I knew the
Owner which I said I did and he was walking up as we looked at the car.
The cop told the guy NOT to try for inspection for Title and the V.I.N.
tag was wrong <G> !!!  Me & owner about
died [with cop grinning like a cat that just ate the canary !!].

As long as I had been pals with the cop, including brews at his
home & bunked there, I did NOT know he had a pair of TR-4
[1 - IRS] and a Spitfire !!!!!  'Course he didn't know about my
Big Healey or that I had owned several Bugeyes myself !!   LOL

Amazing and agin the odds, but one NEVER knows !!!!

I have followed:
"Do it right or don't do it at all" & "Follow the K.I.S.S. Rule"
for MANY years and they have never let me down <G> !!

Ed