[Spridgets] 5 Speed removal / flywheel help please!

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Sat Aug 28 16:40:15 MDT 2010

Hi all, I have  a Rivergate kit installed and now I'm trying to swap engines.
I have removed every fastener that I can find but I can't get the adaptor
plate to budge.  Is RTV (silicone glue) that strong???

Also it appears that my son's desire to earn a few extra bucks was
serendipitous as I now see the that the new ring gear that I had installed by
a machine shop was about to come off my flywheel!  As I was spinning the crank
to gain access to the clutch pressure plate bolts I  noticed that there was a
scraping sound.  A closer examination revealed that the ring gear was no
longer centered on the flywheel and was as much as 1/8 inch toward the engine.
It was scraping the oil pump cover!!!  Not too deep yet and no damage to the
ring gear.  So, I hit it with a hammer and it went back to place but what is
supposed to keep it there?!

Any help appreciated.

Lester