[Spridgets] was: Route to Nova Scotia now: Cayman rays

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 27 06:52:35 MDT 2010

I think everyone in our group kissed the stingray.  I probably have a photo
and/or video ... somewhere.
Kissing the stingray was supposed to bring good luck.  Shortly after we got
home, the tail end of Hurricane Frances ( Sept 9, 2004 ) hit Ottawa and
flooded many peoples' basements, including mine.  Following that, Grand Cayman
got hit with hurricane Ivan ( Sept 11-13, 2004 ) which wiped out a lot of the
island.  The place where we stayed no longer exists.  My brother-in-law's
business (www.thebutterflyfarm.com) on the island was flattened.