[Spridgets] Hometown boys (no lbc)

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Tue Aug 17 10:41:27 MDT 2010

MessaFrank Clarici wrote:
> Once again Toms River Little League is in the playoffs.

That's nice. You know what's even nicer? Watching your kid play in the LLWS.

Scroll down to Darren McLean, LLWS 2000. :)
<http://www.littleleague.org/series/history/players/m.htm>

That was the last year of the 8-team (4 US, 4 Foreign) format. They had to get by a team from the Bronx NY. It was the best baseball game I've ever seen. Red Sox Nation vs. The Bronx Bomber's Jr divison. A 0-0 pitchers duel. In extra innings, our team had a runner on first. A blooper to right and the third base coach played windmill, sending the runner all the way home! Final score, 1-0.
<http://www.unpage.org/east/er-dir2000.htm>

If you like baseball, you should take a trip to Williamsport PA to watch the games. It's free. And it's some of the best baseball you'll see.

-
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2