[Spridgets] Brake disk wobble

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 10:33:48 MDT 2010

Mike,

I'm no expert here, that's for sure. If I were you, I would start by
cleaning everything and checking the rotor for true while it is off the car.
At minimum, re-pack the bearings, given the cheapness of a bearing I'd just
replace it. Check the caliper thoroughly for sticky pistons, unusual
wear...etc.

You say the rotor is out of true...   If that is the case, that is probably
the extent of your problem providing that lack of true and the vibration it
causes hasn't caused other damage (bearings, caliper, pucks, suspension
bushings, etc.).

Curious.... How did you determine the rotor was out of true?

Cheers!!
Jim