[Spridgets] Speaking of Harley Davidsons

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 20:11:31 MDT 2010

I also ride. and yes it's a Harley. Have owned it for about ten years and
never
had any trouble from it at all. Only ever needed to replace wear items
like the
battery and tires. I used to commute fairly regularly on it when I
lived in
Tennessee, but don't feel a great desire to do so in NYC traffic. I
also don't
belong to or ride with any clubs and never ride to watering holes.
As for
chrome, there is some, but not nearly as much as when I bought it. A
friend's
sand-blast cabinet, some self-etching primer, and flat black paint
has rid me
of alot of the shiny stuff. Favorite rides include 2-lane roads
with as little
traffic as possible that I can just cruise along enjoying the
sights, sounds,
and smells.  There are lots of great bikes, I bought this one
at least
partly because of the ones I could squeeze into my budget, this one
promised
to retain as much or more of it's value than anything else I could
buy.
Besides, I like the way it looks and it's fun to ride.

David Booker
Long Island
'71 MG, '94 HD