[Spridgets] Zinc plating

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at me.com
Mon Aug 9 14:03:00 MDT 2010

Heard,

Can not help on the chemicals but have another comment.  I would assume that you you are looking at just doing a few part at a time.  If that is the case but you will have a reasonable number to do over time I would suggest waiting until you have a good size stack of parts and take them to a commercial plater.  It has been a few years but I had almost everything that needed zinc plating on my BE done for $30 to $50 by doing it in one big batch. They do the cleaning, prep, plating and have to take care of the mess.  The key to doing this is to have enough parts to get up to or just over their base start up price.  As I recall the cost of the chemicals and tanks were close to this price.

Which ever way you go good luck.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage