[Spridgets] Wheel Stud

robertduquette at sympatico.ca robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 9 11:51:37 MDT 2010

I was once flying on an old-style 4 prop plane. Partway through the flight one
engine conks out. The pilot comes over the intercom to advise the passengers
that one engine is dead, but the plane is perfectly capable of flying on
three, although this will delay their arrival time by one hour. A while later,
the pilot advises the passengers that unfortunately, a second engine has
ceased to function. He reassures them that the plane can fly on only two
engines, but their arrival time will now be delayed by 3 hours. Shortly after,
the pilot has more bad news - the 3rd engine is not working, but he reassures
everyone again that the plane is perfectly capable of continuing with only one
engine working, but that their arrival time will now be delayed by 7 hours. At
this news, I can no longer contain my frustration. I turned to the passenger
sitting next to me and said "Boy that's just great - if the 4th engine stops
working we're going to be up here forever!".