[Spridgets] F1 Kart Racing

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 20:31:53 MDT 2010

--- On Sun, 8/8/10, Frank Clarici <spritenut at comcast.net> wrote:
> I want to know how you vintage racers stay cool or at least
> keep your nuts dry when all wrapped up in all that gear?

The rich guys have "Coolsuits" with ice water that runs through a shirt with tubes in it; us economically challenged Bugeye guys sometimes stick our balaclavas in the ice chest and ice bags in our suits. Pretty much, though, we just suffer.

I only did karting once, but it was damn, damn close to road racing! I'm going to definitely do more, as there are some great tracks around here (indoors, too!).

Targa Newfoundland is only a month away (thanks, Dave Woerpel for screwing the car together!!! I haven't even seen the thing yet). Average high for the dates of the races is 58F. I'm very much looking forward to that. Driving a Studebaker for 1400 twisty miles, not so much...

Ron